Friday, June 24, 2011

Strep Throat!

I know it's hard to believe but this little cutie pie has had strep throat for 3 weeks now. Yep. She's been on two rounds of antibiotics. So today I took her back in for the "gold standard treatment"of strep throat (according to Dr. Eldridge)...a shot of penicilin in the butt! Ouch and boy did it hurt! The nurses warned me that it was a really big needle and a painfull shot. My girl screamed and cried like none other! I even shed some tears myself. Afterwards she got to choose as many stickers as she liked (they're all on her shirt). And we went to McDonald''s for a "real-fruit smoothie" Good thing there is a McDonald's down the street from the pediatricians office!



3 comments:

Olivia said...

Poor Harper! and poor momma! I hope everyone is all better now!

stephanie teague said...

...she went on to have strep throat for 5 more weeks. Yes, 5! A total of 8 weeks with strep throat.

Anonymous said...

a swallow of mycum will help that suck it for me princess